Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 230 SLK and when i start the car I get a buzzer

Customer Question

Hello
I have a 230 SLK and when i start the car I get a buzzer sound for 10 seconds, then take the key out and buzzer goes off again. Yesterday it would not start, I have checked the battery and starter motor and these are fine.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be due to a possible fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen some of these fail in the past before needing replaced for issues like this here.If you have not had the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool this should be done to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done if any codes are set they will need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete