Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have an 89 740 in the prosess to get a new heat exchanger

Customer Question

hello , i have an 89 740 in the prosess to get a new heat exchanger and heatervalve (transelated right?) it is a distinction of the parts to a car with AC or without AC. How to i know what my car are? yes, i do have a heater but do i have ac, and how do i know?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: yeah , a lot of lekage, that is why i have to get new parts
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: VOLVO 740 Kombi 1989, 230f
JA: What year is your Volvo?
Customer: reg is feb 89 so i guess made in 88
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, i have a good mecanic that will do it, but i need to get the parts
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i just see there are several heat exchanger and they say, with AC and without ac . What do i need?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually you can contact a dealer with your vehicles VIN number and they can check it to tell you if it came equipped with ac or not for sure.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete