Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

2008 citroen picasso C4 less than 60000 miles on the clock

Customer Question

2008 citroen picasso C4 less than 60000 miles on the clock drinking oil at about 0.8 litres per 100 miles. Would this car have a pcv valve that could be stuck open ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have just a hose and no valve then this doesnt have a pcv valve.It may be the way the valve cover is set up/cam cover that keeps the oil from being sucked into the engine.

I have seen issues with piston oil ring failure and valve seals that can cause oil loss.If you have smoke from the exhaust with this issue here I would have the engine checked over for any mechanical issues needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete