Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

I have just purchased a BMW 318ci within the past 2 weeks,

Customer Question

I have just purchased a BMW 318ci within the past 2 weeks, It's a 52 plate with just 70,000 on the clock, it has a fully stamped service booklet from BMW and by all accounts been used as a second car, I have noticed that when warm and stationary (ie M25) for any length of time, on pull away there is a cloud of blue smoke from the exhaust, once running it seems to clear, please tell me I haven't bought a barge and been financially done over!!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  david craig replied 3 months ago.

Hi Im David, sorry you're having these issues. it could be the crankcase ventilation system is clogged up and not working properly. Have you noticed any oil leaks on the ground? have you opened the hood and looked for fresh oil leakage anywhere?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 months ago.

hello, does the smoke only happen after an extended period of idling? what year is the last 7 digits of the vin of the vehicle?