sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Carrying on from edc fault I changed fuse box under column

Customer Question

Carrying on from edc fault I changed fuse box under column sorted prob I thought drove as far as Carlisle 180 miles then edc light came on and cut out aaah any thought it doesn't appear to be imobilizer but cuts power to Ecu
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the engine controller is going down it's either because of a loss of power or ground to it or the problem may be an internal ECM failure. It will take some electrical testing at the time it's not tarting to determine exactly what is going on.

Have you checked for ECM communication with a scan tool when the engine doesn't start?