Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

The Car is a 2013 Mercedes C220 CDI, W204 I am getting a

Customer Question

The Car is a 2013 Mercedes C220 CDI
JA: What is the model of your '13 Mercedes C220 CID?
Customer: W204 I am getting a fault code B273513 the squib for pyrofuse @on-board electrical network line' has a malfunction. There is an open circuit. fault is stored 7 current. can you help me solve this fault please regards john
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes i have tried to reset it but it is stored and current i am using a top of the range Autel Maxisys pro scanner
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I have not tried any thing so only looking for more information on this code online
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: dont think so
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thank you Chad the @ sign before on -board should be a bracket '

please check the fault code B273513 is not valid number in my system , should B and 4 numbers ?

what engine size you have 1.8 liter turbo?

Please let me know

what are the 7 current fault codes you referred to you have now ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have only one fault code that is given to me from the Autel Maxisys M908 Pro scanner.The code is B273513 the description of the code is " the Squib for pyrofuse ' on-board electrical network line' has a malfunction. There is an open circuit.the fault appears to be in the SRS system Supplemental restraint system. Vin No of Vehicle is WDD2040022A900239 This must be a manufacture specific code? engine size is 220 CDi

no problem let me look into it

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My previous report on the car has B27352B code and it states The squib for pyrofuse ' On-board electrical network line' has a malfunction .The electrical lines have a short circuit to each other . The DTC status of this code is Stored actually when i looked closely at the report on the scanner these two codes were present .

you wrote B27352B

then you wrote B273513

i m little confused :)

which one is it the code , please confirm

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Note when I scanned the car on 27 June 2016 the code was B27352B . When I scanned the car today the code had changed to B273513. This the history of this fault both are from the SRS system. Its the B273513 fault that I need Fixed .

ok thanks now i got it, let me to do some research on it and get back to you on it

srs light is on at this time correct ?

and it is hard fault as soon you clear it pops right back

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you got it thank you

can you tell me how this started , no accident prior correct ?

are you a shop or individual if i may ask ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am an individual just bought the car

I will work on it this evening and get back to you by the morning ,

i m out of my shop today, dont have access to my Benz star data system till morning , i m on my ipad today and that system is at my desktop at shop

Thanks

Chad Farhat

ASE Certified Tech

one last question ,there is no other codes in any of the other car modules, did you run like a full test on all modules with your scanner and only srs codes came up correct ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The codes that I received on the full scan were as follows 1. AAC-Air Conditioning DTC code is 919100 The current refrigerant level is outside the permissible range fault is stored & current. 2 ESP- Electronic stability program DTC code C221500 one or more signals sent from control unit ' A1 ( Instrument cluster)' via the can bus is implausible. 3. SRS- Supplemental restraint system DTC code B273513 The squib for pyrofuse 'On-board electrical network line' has a malfunction. There is an open circuit.

great thanks , that is all i need

Chad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Chad
Did you have any luck getting a response to my question?
Regards John

hey john, i m sorry for the delay

DTC 919100 , you need to check Freon level, a/c gauges needed . while car running & ac on you should see . 30 to 50 psi on low side & 150 175 psi max on hogh side

for system to operate correctly, if you see, low side pass the 50 psi and high side is within specs, then you low on freon

the other codes , i cant pull up, I will opt out , maybe another expert

the other codes are not pulling up for me.

have you tried clearing these codes and see what comes back ?

Chad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chad I have tried clearing these faults but they are stored and current on the scan tool .
Chad try typing in DTC code 9CFE into your system it for some reason has the same description as " SRS- Supplemental restraint system DTC code B273513 The squib for pyrofuse 'On-board electrical network line' has a malfunction. There is an open circuit." I found this infomation on the web is there a link between these codes ????? If this is the case does the code refere to the pyrofuse on the Battery positive terminal ??? what procedure is there to first of all check is operation and then repair this.Regards John

hey john , i m offline today, dont access to my all data system, i will be back online tomorrow , i will research and get back to you by tomorrow .

Thank you

Chad