Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Audio system and phone keep cutting out message low battery

Customer Question

Audio system and phone keep cutting out message low battery on dash.Just ad new battery and alternator fault keeps happening randomly
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: 1 month old both battery and alternator
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: Xc70 D5 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't tried anything other than new battery and alternator yes would like to fix problem if I can this is becoming costly.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When can I expect an answer could you transfer this to the uk side of the business
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This does sound like a low voltage issue here and since the battery and alternator have both been replaced this can be caused by a fault with a loose or corroded or damaged battery cable or connection needing repaired or replaced.I would have the battery cables and connections checked for any issues needing repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete