sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

New to this !! I was driving my car home from work and it

Customer Question

Hi new to this !! I was driving my car home from work and it had what seems to me as a diesel knock cz it was there when you just Rev the car only under load !! So on the way home tonight the car just cut out my mate came with his snap on machine and it put up injector 2-3 they cleared off but also said low girl rail pressure can't any 1 help please thanks I'm Chris
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds as if you have injector issues. A bad injector that is over fueling will cause excessive combustion noise and I believe that is most likely what you were hearing. Depending on what actual code was set it could have been an injector circuit code which could be an injector or wiring, or I wonder if they may have actually been misfire codes.

One or more injectors that are over fueling could cause rail pressure to drop enough to set a code.

The best thing to do would be an injector kill test to see if the noise goes away when killing certain cylinders (2 and 3 appear to be the issue). If killing a cylinder stops the noise then most likely the affected cylinders' injectors will need to be replaced.