Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a Bentley continetal gt 2007 on the dash board shows

Customer Question

I have a Bentley continetal gt 2007 on the dash board shows roof fault how to deleted
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 29000
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I try nothing I am in Cyprus and is no one knows about Bentleys
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No if you can help me please
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok I am waiting
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually what fails and causes this issue here is one or more of the roof position switches/micro switches sending an incorrect signal on what position the roof is in.When this occurs you will see this message like this here and unfortunately the only way to remove this message is to have the correct scan tool plugged into your model to read the roof computer for the fault codes and to view the roof sensor signals to locate the faulty sensor,then that sensor replaced and the fault code cleared with the scan tool to delete the message.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All I want is to deleted roof fault in my car my roof is nothing wrong
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

You would have to have your vehicle plugged into a scan tool to clear out the fault codes to be able t delete the roof fault here.But if the fault that turned on this light is still present then the light may come right back on again until the fault is corrected.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bentley continetalgt front car drop down
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Have you had the fault codes read out with a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set?