sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I took out the 20a Engine control fuse (in the engine bay

Customer Question

I took out the 20a Engine control fuse (in the engine bay fuse hub) to see if it would turn off my engine control dash light. It didn't. Now I've put the fuse back in and the engine won't start. Nothing. No starter motor.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is tip top. Engine won't turn over as I said.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: 2005 Outlander
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to fix it myself if I can. I've not tried anything yet. I might try disconnecting the battery.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that the engine controller was damaged or there is a connection issue at the fuse if that's all that was disturbed, but I wonder whether the fuse got back into the correct location. Have you double checked to make sure the fuse didn't accidentally get back into an incorrect location, the fuse and it's mating terminals were not damaged?