Jay, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Nissan Certified, ASE Certified, 20+ years automotive experience

Infiniti fx 2011 360 camera as stop working, Fx30d 2011,

Customer Question

Infiniti fx 2011 360 camera as stop working
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: Fx30d 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuses etc
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: Yes they have never been changed before
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: It started with the screen intermittently going on and off with a fuzzy screen but now it doesn't even turn on when I press the camera button .
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

How handy are you? I believe I know what may be your issue. It's not a fuse.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jay , yes I am quiet handy I've been in the motor trade for 27 years selling parts etc
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

That is good. Normally for this issue you would use a scanner to perform a communication check to the around view control unit. But if you are handy, remove the drivers seat from the vehicle and pull back the carpet and under the seat and carpet is the around view control unit. Unplug the control unit and see if there is any signs of corrosion or moisture there. I have seen that as the most common thing for it not to work. Give that a inspection and let me know what you find

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks I will do this weekend .
What did you have to do when you had found this problem ?
Is it an easy fix When the seat is out ?
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Well if you do find corrosion, the connector needs to be cleaned, and the control unit replaced. Once replaced, it will need to go to the dealer to be programmed and calibrate all the camera's.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Jay ,
I have checked and cant see any signs of corrsion on the terminals or wiring plugs, it all looks as new and no sign of damp in and around the floor pan.I have also tried the self diagnostic on the display screen and it comes up with green lines to units etc
Expert:  Jay replied 3 months ago.

Well the next step is to do a self diag to see if it can see the around view control unit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is that with a scanner ?