Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a ford mondeo mk2 1.8td year 2000.. the other day i

Customer Question

I have a ford mondeo mk2 1.8td year 2000..
the other day i was involved in a minor accident which damaged the sump..Ive started the sump removal proces but its as if theres something still conected and its not the sealant..Ive been searching online an some blogs are talking about removing gearbox...plz advise me on this..regards ***** *****
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello Sean

Part of the sump is held by the inboard crankseal carrier on the back of the engine

as this lies inside the bellhousing behind the flywheel in the engine to transmission joint.

Sorry to say that The only way to get the sump off is to remove the transmission so you can remove the flywheel and then remove the crank seal carrier

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you