Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

I'm locked out of my car - I've replaces the battery but it

Customer Question

Hi, I'm locked out of my car - I've replaces the battery but it still won't unlock...
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 1st time. Around 40k.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: It's a 63 plate sirocco
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: It's 3 years old
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replacing the battery on the fob. The led still lights up but nothing has changed. I'm not sure what to do next...
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I hope you are well.

My name is ***** ***** I will see if I can help you with this problem.

Usually there is an emergency manual key blade within the remote fob button assembly, I will include a link to assist you, you can use the emergency key similar to a traditional mechanical key to gain access.

It is likely that the vehicle battery may be flat, in which case the alarm is unlikely to sound, however if it does you would need to switch the ignition on to cancel it.

Depending on whether you have a mechanical lock or start button affects what to do next, if the alarm sounds.

If you have a start button you may need to hold the keyfob just in front of the button for it to read the back up transponder, again, similar to a traditional mechanical chipped key.

Once you have gained entry, if it appears the vehicle battery is flat then this would explain your problem.

Let me know how it goes and please feel free to come back with any follow up questions related to this.

I hope you get it sorted and on your way again, please do rate five stars, this is the only way I get credit for my time and research.

Here is a link to a page relating to Volkswagen emergency key blade usage, let me know if you need anything further.

http://www.vwgenuineparts.co.uk/vw_emergency_door_key.shtml

There are further links on the page of how to access the lock and use the key.