Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I got the new 2016 2.0 Miata and I have been told that if I

Customer Question

Hi, I got the new 2016 2.0 Miata and I have been told that if I get out of the car and just walk away without locking, the car locks automatically. This isn't working - is there an issue? Thx
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 2016 MX 5 2.0 GT
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Some models will do this but the key and remote or remote key has to be on you when you walk away and some you have to turn on this feature in the instrument panel cluster or driver information center controls.I would check and make sure this feature has been turned on and if there isnt an option to turn it on call the dealer with your models VIN number to see if for sure your model has this feature.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete