Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I,ve got at 2004 X-trail passenger door will not open the

Customer Question

Hi i,ve got at 2004 X-trail passenger door will not open the inner switch moves but not all way out so mechanism is working but not fully any ideas
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im hoping to fix it myself but cannot get door open to take panel off to check mech
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no not at moment
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the door will not open from the inside or outside this usually indicates a fault with the door latch itself at fault needing replaced.I have seen issues with the door latch itself needing replaced for issues like this here.When the door is stuck closed like this unfortunately the paneling usually has to be removed with the door closed which can damage the paneling in some cases to where it would need replaced or repaired and then installed after the latch is replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete