Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

Rear washer pump was not working. Took into garage to get

Customer Question

Rear washer pump was not working. Took into garage to get other bits fixed. Diagnosis on rear washer pump was that it had stopped working. Now front washer pump is not working. Fuses all seem fine.
JA: Have you checked the fuse number? Does the fuse have the correct amperage for the circuit it's in?
Customer: Yes the fuse is of correct size
JA: What is the model/year of your Kia?
Customer: Kia Sportage 05
JA: What year is your Sportage?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses checked water is present also.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: All that the rear pump was diagnosed as faulty not sure if the defective part was removed and has caused problem with front pump.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi Good morning .

First you need to check if the water pumps are getting power when you switch them on .

You need a test light to check this ,disconnect the plug on the water pump motor and connect to the

wire connecter the test light ,switch on the pump and the test light should come on ,if comes on

replace the two little water pumps .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for your message Greg. I know the rear pump is faulty as it was diagnosed faulty by my local garage I really wanted to know that if disconnecting the rear pump out of circuit would it affect the front washer pump. As when the rear pump was faulty but in place the front was fine.
Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

The front and rear are a duel unit ,meaning that one pump runs the front and rear .

so this means if the rear did work and the front did not then the circuit for the front is faulty .

problem here is if one side fails it has to be replaced or you reconnect and swap over the washer tubes from back to fronr etc.

Rgds Greg

Expert:  Greg replied 3 months ago.

Hi .

Did you sort this issue out .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Greg yes the problem was sorted out before your last post dated the 11th. Sorry never got back to you been away and working away sorry again.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 months ago.

Okay thank you ..