Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have replaced the US contact wit a european 7 pole contact

Customer Question

I have replaced the US contact wit a european 7 pole contact and used devide splitter to separate the turn and brake signals this works just great.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? Have you checked for bad bulbs?
Customer: the problem are the running rearligt signal on the trailercontact
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2013 X166 350 Bluetech
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It seems like there are only wire there gives me signal in the original 7 leader cable
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I get the message check left rear trailer lamp
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have not changed anything in the modules inside the car and used the original cable there comes with the Oris Hitch with part nr;A166 31011 37
type E 473
Just replaced the contact with and european 7 pole trailer contact
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I got this message in the dashboard screen without connecting the trailer so this has nothing to do with bad bulbs
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The question is about the signal , does this original cable I refer to lead signal for both left and ringt runninglight to the trailercontact
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this is a North american model with vin.nr:4JGDF2EE3DA204836 delivered original from factory with this Oris hitch
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when Can I expect an answere returned back to me
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HI!Since you did not get back to me within reasonable time I expect you to cancel this conversation and send the amount back which I deposited friday the 8 th of july last week
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Did you still need help on this here at all?I apologize once again and I am posting as soon as I saw your question myself here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I had to solve this problem by myself and found out there were only one outlet to the back running light in the north amrican original wireing cable from the hitch control relay,I ordered a cable with the right number of pin connectors in the contact, this harness contact fit automatically and replace the previous there came orginal from factory ment for the norh american system.
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

That is great to hear the fault has been resolved.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.

Thanks Pete