Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I need some help with 2003 ml350

Customer Question

I need some help with 2003 ml350
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Car started to stall. Dash briefly went down. Then worked fine. Parked up and car cranked but would not start. Took to garage for diagnosis. No fault codes. Replaced crank and throttle sensor. Drove home and car died again. Disconnected battery left overnight. Car started ran for 5 mins started to splutter then died. Checked fuel pressure good. Unplugged maf. Car ran for 5 mins and then same problem. Had Ecu cloned replaced still same issue. Battery quite flat. Don't know what else to check or do.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One of the most common faults on this year and model here is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen this switch fail in the past before several times.When it fails it cuts power to the ignition coils to prevent starting and also affects the cluster operation.I suspect this is the cause here on your model due to the common failure and with what you have described.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete