Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

I have a transit 2002 With durashift transmission. Do this

Customer Question

Hello i have a transit 2002 With durashift transmission. Do this transmission need to activate a solenoid to make pressure.I have change a Electric motor and now this work but no pressure.
JA: Do you have a manual or an automatic transmission? When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Thank You
JA: What is the model of your '02 Ford?
Customer: Tom Trondsen in Norway
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Iwant if i can but i cant get in to the care by codes. My system did not fit.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Do the car need to activate some codes after reair or change of the Electric motot on the transmission.(Motor for the hydraulic unit.)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 7 months ago.
Hi there Tom good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to offer you technical assistance with your issueOk the durashift system is a complex setup
It's basically a totally manual gearbox but clutch engagement and gear selection is controlled
ElectronicallyIf any part of this system is replaced it must be reprogrammed and configured using the ford ids software
This includes bleeding the clutch
There is several service functions that must be carried out once the Transmission control module has been replaced
You will not be able to set the system up without the correct diagnostic software as the ASM system is so complexIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue Tom please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciatedBrian