Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars

I have caomry 2012 model, I hear a repetaional sound at the

Customer Question

I have caomry 2012 model, I hear a repetaional sound at the front its starts from speed of 15 KM/H and then continews on. I can feel minor vibration with that sound at my feets but this has no effect on stearing. First i check the wheel balancing and rotated the tires the sound was still there, second step i replaced the front wheel bearings the sound was comparitily less for one day but it start comming agins. toyota worshop said that you have to replace the tires and wheel hub. i wnat to know that was it good suggestion to replace the wheel bearing firsnt and then wheel hub, as i think that the bearing i replaced will be scraped if change the wheel hub now. further is there any other part which need to be replaced like wheel shaft etc?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The tires will only make this type of sound it there is signs of cupping. If that is not the case then I would suspect wheel bearing and hub assembly are more likely to be the source of the noise. Due to the amount of work required to replace the bearing I would consider doing the Hub as well. Normally if the axle shaft where at fault you would notice some wobble to go along with the noise. You can usually also see the wobble with the car up on a rack and the wheels turning.