Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Experience:  15 yr Master VW/AUDI Technician Shop Foreman
19871424

I have tried to google this, and seen many same messages,

Customer Question

I have tried to google this, and seen many same messages, but no real solution to the problem.
Problem description
"Try to open the roof" -> error "Close boot lid"
However boot is closed. Simple solution would be replace lid lock detector switch but it is not that simple. There is a display on dashboard indicating of open doors and open boot. Dashboard is showing that boot lid is closed!
Is there several detectors for boot lid?
Is this error more complicated as you may think?
Thanks for you help!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

inside the boot by the hinges are a couple of microswitches so check that they are both switching on & off with a meter and trace the wiring back into the loom, checking for damage as you go

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can I check the status of those switches from diagnostics? Module address number? Data byte?
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

If you have the full VW diagnostic tool then yes you should be able to access the body control module to view if the boot / trunk switches are registering or not

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have. Can you find me module number and data bits?
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hello

the body control should be module 09 but I don't have the address list for the data bit I'm afraid

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Matt. I would really need Vcds diagnostics information. I'm sorry, I need you rate you very low if you can't find this information.
Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Ok, I'll opt out so other experts can try and help

good luck

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail

i do need a picture of the vehicle so i can see the position of the roof .

second what scan tool do you have please ? Make and model.

thanks

Wolfgang

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,Thanks for your detailed introduction.
Roof is closed.
AutoDia K509 with CarPort Version: 2.2.18

what happens if you have a second person push down on the deck lid and then try to operate do you get some kind of operation?

on your scan tool do you have 26 roof operation in your scan tool?

thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Wolfgang,Sorry for delay, I was on holiday.
Pushing the deck does not help.
Yes I have 26 roof operation on my scan tool, unfortunately "boot lid open" bit is not any of the roof controller measurement bits, so I'm assuming "boot lid" status is coming form another controller.Best regards,
-Aki

try controller 46 and see if you see any implausible signals

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK. Do you know controller 46 measuring block number and bit to look for?

let me find out!!! give me a few minutes to an hr