Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

I lost the key to my peugeot boxwe 2006 and have bought an

Customer Question

i lost the key to my peugeot boxwe 2006 and have bought an aftermarket ignition barrel and 2 keys, will it work?
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: no fob, is the immobilizer going to unlock, i havent started the job yet
JA: What is the model of your '06 Peugeot?
Customer: ill check, gimme a sec
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2006 hdi 2.0
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not tried anything yet, just waiting for the new
ignition barrel and keys
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 7 months ago.

Hi, i'm Danny, hope you are well.

Unfortunately, replacing the key and barrel without a valid transponder chip, the vehicle will not start.

You would either need a dealer or a mobile auto locksmith to program you a new transponder or the one in with the new kit If it happens to come with one.

Generally at a dealer this involved proof of ownership etc and you would need your paperwork, most mobile auto locksmiths can usually obtain the code for you also.

Have you considered as you would need a auto locksmith, getting the key pattern number and getting a key made up to the existing locks at the same time as having a transponder chip programmed? I wonder if this may prove less hassle in the end rather than replacing the whole lock set over time.

In the uk, I recommend the following site for key pattern codes, this would let you get a key made up to the existing lock.

They also have immobiliser access codes if required for the programming of the new transponder chip.

I've personally used them myself and know one of the guys there from school 'back in the day', never had a problem with the service.

https://www.radiocodes.co.uk/peugeot-key-codes

I hope this helps you, if so, please rate 5 stars, feel free to ask if you would like a bit further information ;)