Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I need a code gamma stereo, No I 't, VW Passat 02, 2002, Yes

Customer Question

I need a code for my gamma stereo
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No I don't
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: VW
Passat 02
JA: What year is your Passat?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am, not tried anything yet, but will be changing the battery this weekend.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The number on the side of my stereo is: VWZ3Z3137796123. hope this helps.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately usually the radio codes for a model like this here can only be obtained from a dealer or dealer technician that has access to the codes and some radios even need programmed.A dealer my not charge for this code info here if you provide proof of ownership and a photo ID.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've contacted my main dealer and I've been quoted £25 for the code. I was hoping that I would a cheaper option and found this website. My main dealer only needed the code that I've already provided: VWZ3Z3137796123. if you can not help I will be seeking a refund and obtain the code from my main dealer.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will go to my main dealer which will easier. How do go about requesting a refund?