Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

MB300ce ym. 1988, problems with fuel system. Sometimes the

Customer Question

Hey there! MB300ce ym. 1988, problems with fuel system. Sometimes the engine starts and it is running, when giving some gas - it stops, Normally it doesn't start at all, it is like it doesn't get any fuel and the engine is not running. If fuel is dosed directly to air channel the engine starts and is running, but when more pedal is given, the engine stops... So, it seems that problems are in the fuel system but where to start to search... anything? By the way, greetings from Finland.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: new battery, no problems there, engine turns well
JA: What is the model of your '88 Mercedes?
Customer: MB300ce ym. 1988
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all relais checked- seem to be ok, all the junctions checked and cleaned, pumps seem to be working - fuel is flying from the pipe, the main pump has been changed a few years ago, a lot checks have been made
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: what are the main components to be checked, where / what are the main problems, malfunctions, failures, what ever...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The most common cause is a lack of fuel usually due to a restricted fuel filter needing replaced or an issue with the fuel pump being weak.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested at all when the vehicle is acting up this needs done to see if you need a new fuel filter or main fuel pump replaced.If this was already checked or replaced and did not correct this issue let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete