Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

ITS A PEUGEOT PARTNER CAR AND I HAVE THE PROBLEMS WITH THE

Customer Question

ITS A PEUGEOT PARTNER CAR AND I HAVE THE PROBLEMS WITH THE AIRBAG BUT ALSO THE INDICATOR DOES NOT DISENGAGE THE HORN DOES NOT WORK AND THE WIPERS MOVE AFTER IGNITION IS OFF THE MOT PEOPLE SAY ITS THE AIRBAG BUT I THINK ITS SOMETHING ELSE
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: YES THEY WORK
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2004 QUICK SILVER PARTNER CAR
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: THE MOT SAY THEY CAN FIT THE AIRBAG MODULE BUT THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT GOING ON ON THE STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here may be due to a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself needing replaced.I have seen this switch short out/fail on some models in the past before causing this fault here needing replaced.

I have also seen on some models shorted or damaged wiring in the steering column cause this fault needing repaired to correct this issue.This will have to be checked into/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause here for sure.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete