sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

Sorry, my tablet crashed. It's a mondeo zetec 2.0 Tdci, 58

Customer Question

Hi sorry, my tablet crashed. It's a mondeo zetec 2.0 Tdci, 58 plate.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 58 plate zetec 2.0 Tdci
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Do you supply the code for a charge if I give you the serial number?
JA: Have you scanned the code? Have you tried to reset it?
Customer: No and no
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Just that this has happened as a resultl of a local garage disconnecting and replacing the battery.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio or security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Okay, the only reason I asked on here was because on another thread someone did just that. The mechanic gave instructions on retrieving the serial number from the unit and then when this was obtained, gave the code to the customer.
In some cases some are able to obtain codes but your question was open without a response far longer than the site has deemed acceptable and I wanted to let you know why and give you the official options to get the code.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Right, I'll just take it to a garage like I should've done in the first place.
Why show one customer getting the code for their radio when the same service isn't offered unilaterally? I could've provided any evidence needed to prove ownership.

Your question was open for an extended time and see by all automotive experts. Either noone currently on the site has access to obtain the code or noone felt comfortable posting it here.