Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I have a 2010 Nissan Rogue which have recently developed an

Customer Question

Hello! I have a 2010 Nissan Rogue which have recently developed an unusual problem with the liftgate. Now, it sometimes open when all doors are unlocked and sometimes it doesn't. And when it does open, sometimes I can hear the locking mechanism working itself lock and open all by itself. Please what is the cause and most importantly the solution to this problem? Thank you.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: The mileage is a little over 60K and this is the first time I am experiencing the problem
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am hoping to fix it but I have not tried anything yet because I want to know what am dealing with first
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Nothing else
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

The lift gate has a lock solenoid in it, sounds to me like you are having a problem with this. It could be sticking in the lock position causing your problem. Replace the lift gate lock solenoid and you will have no more problems with it.