Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a BMW 525D, mod. 2007, and hav replaced the Turbo to

Customer Question

Hi.
I have a BMW 525D, mod. 2007, and hav replaced the Turbo to a new. But the turbo will not work ? What culd the reason be. I have replaced the Turbo axactly as I removed the old. Is it necasarry to gor to a garage and du any adjustements at th PMC? Or should the new Torbo work easaly with the old actuator? It seems tio be an issue with the actuator becaus it seems to try open but it is only "ticking" and nothing happends. But it is conmtinuing "ticking" after the car is turned of and closed?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases when the turbo is replaced a turbo relearn has to be done by a dealer or repair center that can perform this here and the fault codes that had set with the old turbo need cleared out with a scan tool in order for the turbo to operate properly again.If this has not been done this needs done to see if it resolves this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Ew found the reason of the fault. It was a misadjustment between the actuator and the new Turbo, that causted "blokking" of the "arm" between. We adjusted the actuator, and now it runs fine.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

That is great to hear.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete