sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

I lost the code to the radio. can you help me? I bought this

Customer Question

Hello. I lost the code to the radio. can you help me?
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: I bought this radio and wife threw the code of the car
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: I have a car Octavia. Radio bought this dvd MFD2
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything. all the time I enter the pin code
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I do not understand.
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I need a code to the radio blaupunkt bno 881
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle and radio ownership is verified in person to release a radio code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

There are two things you can do. You can try to see if they're able to obtain the code. The other option would be to see your dealer with the serial and proof of ownership and they'll be able to give it to you.