Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I need to change tuner of my Audi Q5 from USA spec to EU,

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I need to change tuner of my Audi Q5 from USA spec to EU, can this be recoding or does unit
need to be replaced
JA: What year is your Q5?
Customer: 2010, model 2011, 3.2, S-Typ
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet, just investigating. I am leaving in Dubai and they will close down some of the stations I was ok with so I need to change it
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: If not complicated I can do it myself or I can ask dealership to change it. for sure it will be much cheaper if I bought the device and just ask them to change it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Audi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My current radio unit is Harman/Becker 4G0 035 082, can you please advice if I can replace that unit with 4F0 035 061D. Thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Gents, in addition can you please confirm if the right replacement for my radio unit 4G0 035 082 (EC108) is 4F0 035 061 D (EC140), if not please confirm the right PN. Thank You
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
IF I am to change US based navigation with EU one, what changes do I need to do. What needs to be one to change it to 3G+ with Google maps (not sure if available in Europe). Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Usually this may require both replacement with one compatible in the area you will be in as well as programming from a dealer.In some cases all that is required is programming from a dealer but most of the time it will need replaced and programmed to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete