Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Told last year slight wear on suspension bushes quoted

Customer Question

told last year slight wear on suspension bushes quoted 425.00 to replace front suspension bushes and arms and am wondering how reasonable that price is? It is due to be MOT'd and thought this would be an issue.
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car? What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: mazda 3 2008 no fluid my daughter drives it and she says ride smooth but sometimes has thought the steering was loose
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I might if I had a garage and the time but will leave it to the professionals
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Cardoctor74 replied 5 months ago.

To be honest that is actually a really good estimate..These bushings sometimes are frozen in there and they will not come out and can be very labor intensive as well as the control arms.As long as they are doing the alignment for the same price you have nothing to worry about you got an honest shop thats gave a very fair price you got lucky not many honest shops out there.Hoped this helped.Please are excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated..Im here if you need any further assistance.