Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited

Where is wiper relay 2.0 hdi 2001

Customer Question

where is wiper relay 2.0 hdi 2001
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I've been looking through the wiring diagrams for the wiper system on your vehicle, I do not see any external relay in the schematics to do with the wipers, there is a intermittent relay that is built into the wiper motor, the diagram shows a transistor symbol so it is likely to be a micro circuit as opposed to a mechanical relay it's self.

The power is supplied to the wiper motor and built in control/relay module from the combination switch, the wiper motor is earthed via chassis ground (EP1).

The combination switches are known to fail on these, although what I would try, this has worked on mine when it has been left for a while, is grab a wiper blade, give it a shake side to side (in the direction on usual travel) and see if that makes it work.

The theory behind the 'shake' is sometimes the brushes in the motor are not making a good connection and this helps.

Next check would be the combination switch and then the wiring.

I include a diagram to assist you.

I hope this helps you, if so please rate 5 stars - if not, let me know how I can help ;)

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have already changed the motor assy and multi switch