Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Lost keys landcruiser can i buy new ignition switch and keys

Customer Question

hi lost keys for 2003 landcruiser can i buy new ignition switch and keys and change same
JA: Has the car been stalling out? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: car is sitting in driveway in spain mileage is circa 150000 car was running fine till keys lost
JA: What is the model of your '148000 Toyota?
Customer: fzj100l
JA: Huh?
Customer: sorry thats what paperwork says modelgxr efl 4.5
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: sorry not fast at typing tried to get key from dealer gave them vin no but they cant locate vkey no im stuck
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i dont know if changing new barrel will help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On this model it looks like the key has to come from a dealer and has to be programmed as well by a dealer in order to operate in your model here properly.If you have not checked with a dealer to see if the key can be obtained this needs done.If this was already done or is not an option for you on this here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete