Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My S80t6-99 Crank over but doesn't start. Well the battery

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, My S80t6-99 Crank over but doesn't start.
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Well the battery is fully charged. right now i hav two fully charged batteries connected and the charger also connected. I have also connected and run a diagnose check with Vida and no faults did came out from the program. There is a ignition on the sparkplugs. However There are no pulses on the fuel connectors on the "bridge"(or what it is called in inglish. I'M swedish so i do not know the name for all parts in english) All software has been updated by Volvo recently.
JA: What is the model/year of your Volvo?
Customer: -99
JA: What year is your Volvo?
Customer: it was made 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: well yes i hoped to find the errors when connected to Vida system but obviouly not. -The fuel pressure is measured and is ok. -The car is not Leaning and preventing the fuel from coming through the system. -the fule is also about 1/4 tank. -The car is running on "start gas" if sprayed into the air filter system. So what seems to be the problem is that there is no signal / pulses (checked with a diod/pulse gauge) on the fuel connectors.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Can there be a problem in one of the electonic units that doesn't show up when diagnosing? Some faults in the CAN net/wiring? all system units are talking to each other as far as i can see....
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like your vehicles theft system has engaged and is causing this fault here.I have seen this occur before and had to replace the affected immobilizer component.You need to have the fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here to see what codes are set in each computer in your vehicle.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete