Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I Have a Volvo V40 2003 sports lux it has a 30621305 cem but

Customer Question

Hi i Have a Volvo V40 2003 sports lux it has a 30621305 cem but my front fog lights dont work and my rear wiper does'nt work
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: Yes
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think the pevious owner might have changed the cem and the one he put back is not programed for fogs or rear wiper
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no just trying to get everything working
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Volvo Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

HI my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

If the CEM was replaced the first thing that needs done is to check and make sure the correct part number CEM is installed.If it is in the incorrect part number this can cause this fault here.If it is the correct part number,like you said here it may be programming incorrectly needing programmed by a dealer.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete