Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

Thanks offer of assistance. I'm fitting a tow bar to a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, thanks for your offer of assistance. I'm fitting a tow bar to a customers Kia Rio 2015. I'm trying to run the additional cable for the +15 and +30 power supplies requiring to go through the bulkhead. There seems to be a suitable spot where the main wiring loom goes through behind the passenger glove box. I have removed the 5 screws from the insert at the top of the glove box hoping to remove that part but there must be something else I'm not seeing. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks' Alistair.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: No and no. The cable I am running requires to be connected to the battery.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm hoping to be able to remove the insert from the inside top part of the glove box in the hope of better seeing the large gromet through which the main wiring loom passes through so I can add another cable through there.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Kia Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 3 months ago.

The best way to access behind the glove box would be to remove it all together. I have attached a couple pictures to assist you in removing it. Also try looking under the glove box and up. There are a lot more holes to go through on the driver side than the passenger side also.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.