Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have ford focus 2006 with 62K miles, its giving error of

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: i have ford focus 2006 with 62K miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its giving error of Engine Malfunction, Transmission failed, acceleration reduced
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: sometimes does not start but then works fine
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: and then sometimes gives this error while driving
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.The warning lights as well as the running issue here are related and there is a large number of different sensors and components that will cause this here.This is why the codes need checked to help locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete