C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and experience.
73583367

LAND ROVER VOGUE REG NUMBER LL03CZH FAULT... YAW SENSOR OPEN

Customer Question

LAND ROVER VOGUE REG NUMBER LL03CZH
FAULT... YAW SENSOR OPEN CIRCUIT 52
USING DELPHI EQUIPMENT
FAULT IS INTERMITENT
ABS LIGHT COMES ON AND SUSPENSION LIGHT ON DASH
Category: UK Car
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 5 months ago.

Good afternoon, this is very possible to be a ecu failure. But there is a set guideline of testing we have to do before we are allowed to just replace the module. I have loaded the steps for you here so you have the same thing the dealer has on diagnosis. If everything checks out replace the ecu. Good luck! Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The ecu u mean the suspension module also it's not very clear what wires to check can u send me something with diagrams please

Good morning my friend. Yes I was referring to the Air Suspension ECU.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not very clear as to what voltage should be coming where... I appreciate your help.. can u send me info as to the our machine shows yaw rate sensor open circuit in abs and in suspension the fault code says can fault 32 ... can u send me what values I should have at the yaw sensor wires please please... I think a wires broken between yaw sensor and control module...replaced control module got one off ebay.. same fault!!! I've replaced yaw sensor aswell.. If u could tell me what values I should get a yaw sensor wires that would help me a lot thanks mate

This means one of the speed sensors are at fault. Check the output of the left front versus the right front. Check to see how the exciter ring lines up with the sensor, compare left to right.

32 is speed sensor fault. One of them is not giving correct speeds.

Please take a moment to leave a positive rating on the question. This is the only way I get credit for my time and effort. I will keep working with you until the problem is resolved. Thanks. Charlie

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
32 can bus fault... that's in suspension not abs.. abs has only one code for open yaw rate sensor...

The steering angle sensor is located on the lower portion of the steering column and translates steering wheel position to the traction control module to indicate the drivers desired path. This allows the traction control module to affect the components which it controls to assist in maintaining that desired path. The steering angle sensor is a control unit by itself and requires programming and initialization if replaced. It receives power from fuse 12 at all times and fuse 51 from the ignition. Verify power on pins 1 and 2 with key on and ground at pin 5 at the steering angle sensor. Three other lines are available for communication to scan tools and the traction control module. If power and grounds are present and communication is possible through the traction control module or diagnostic link, the angle position should be seen to change in live data on a scan tool. If angle does not change there is a fault with the steering angle sensor. If it does, the module most likely requires programming and/or initialization.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can communicate with steering angle and it does move... all been calibrated mate!!

I am out of ideas. I will opt out stand by for another expert.