Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My E Mercedes wont start couple of times. In Mercedes

Customer Question

My E Mercedes wont start couple of times. In Mercedes services xentry found two fault codes U010187 and U010387. In service they try update transmission control unit but this wont succes. Mechanis said that we must change Y3/8n4
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no,
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: e300 hybrid my 2012
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, nothinf yet
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the component Y3/9n4 is shorted or damaged internally this can short out a data circuit in some cases and cause the no start issue you see here and can be common.If they have diagnosed and tested this properly and know for sure this is what needs replaced then I would have this replaced to see if this resolves the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete