Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2005 merc clk 200 1.8 manual running very eratic on tickover

Customer Question

2005 merc clk 200 1.8 manual running very eratic on tickover checked all pipes ok changed all top end sensors still no good about to chane rear crankshaft sensor any ideas
JA: Which sensor are you asking about? O2? MAP? Did any codes pop up?
Customer: p201a p201b p2029 also tryed new maf still no good
JA: What is the model of your '05 Mercedes?
Customer: clk 200 kompressor 1.8 209
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all top sensors plus maf plus checked all pipes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: have not yet changed rear sensor about to do that hard to get to
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
any luck yet
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have not had the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks this needs done.If any vacuum leaks are found they will need repaired to correct this fault here.In some cases this will take a smoke machine to inject smoke into the intake to locate any hard to see leaks like the intake gaskets leaking needing replaced.If this was already done and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete