Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,

I had one car key which has been lost, a locksmith came and

Customer Question

I had one car key which has been lost, a locksmith came and wanted to give a new key and restart the car but has tried everything and says the BSI unit is corrupted. He says it will cost the earth
JA: Any trouble turning the key in the ignition? Do you have a key fob?
Customer: No and no key either he wanted £60 for a new key that he said don't work because he can't reprogram
JA: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's my sons car, he said the locksmith tried loads of things, but he wasn't a mechanic
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not as far as I know, but I know nothing about cars
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

Hi .

The problem with Peugeot is most aftermarket programming tools will not communicate with the Immo modules.

I suggest you have this done by the dealer or find another mobile locksmith that has the correct equipment.

I know this first hand as i had the same problem trying to program a customer Peugeot not long ago .i was using the SBB programmer and T100 did not work . had to take it to the dealer .

First check this link out as many locksmith carry the dealer programming software and will be able to assist you .

Please click here for locator

When you find one in your Area phone and explain your situation see what they say .

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.
Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.
If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .
Kind regards Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 4 months ago.

If the first keysmith just wanted to make a copy for you and you had the original key he could of helped you .

But without a key it has to be new programmed making it hard for him with his tools ..

All you did was lose the key so the system should be okay .