rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

L have Bmw 320i my engine emission light on what shall I do

Customer Question

Hi l have Bmw 320i my engine emission light on what shall I do now.
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: No I haven't check the bulb and last 3 years Iam driving the car didn't need to change the battery
JA: What year is your 320i?
Customer: 2011
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have take my car Bmw dealer today what they told me I can't believe my self they say fix the problem cost me about £1200
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: My local dealer charge £99 just for see the problem before do anything do you think is right
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I am not sure what shall I do now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

There is no problem, they only need to check your emission components to see if they are all working correctly, then they clear the computer.

Thanks, Ron