Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

I have a ford focus 2011 reg MA61BYX. I was talking on the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have a ford focus 2011 reg MA61BYX. I was talking on the phone via bluetooth with the engine switched off and after about 5 mins the sound went off and the visual display went off. I haven't been able to turn on the radio since or use any of the other features. The date and time is still displayed and is accurate.
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: No I haven't. Which fuse is the one for the radio?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I havent tried anything although I have looked online for answers and I looked for the right fuse this moening but i didnt know whihc was the right one.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont show the fuse chart on your model here and it may be best to check all fuses for any blown fuses that would need replaced to correct this fault.If no fuses are found to be blown needing replaced the fault may be in the radio/head unit itself needing either removed and repaired or removed and replaced.I have seen these fail internally electronically and cause issues like this here needing replaced in some cases.It may have over heated internally and damaged itself as this can occur.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete