Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.

Problem with drivers side door... window not working. When i

Customer Question

Problem with drivers side door... window not working. When i unclip the window motor and reconnect it the window will work for 10 minutes and then stop working again ... also interior light does not work. The passenger window will not work from driver side switch. Also central locking does not work
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes all seem to be working
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: 03 vw beetle 1.6l
JA: What year is your VW?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have changed the window motor .. that was not the problem have changed the central locking modual
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I cant understand why when i unclip the motor n reconnect it window works for 10 minutes and then stops working again
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** sounds to me like the Drive ddm is not working correctly. possibly because of moisture inside of door, loose connections, loose ground wire or just a bad switch panel