Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Subaru Legacy 2013. Immobiliser doesn't let me turn engine

Customer Question

Subaru Legacy 2013.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Immobiliser doesn't let me turn engine on with ignition key. I have my foot on the clutch and my seatbelt on. The ignition key locks the door when I turn it even if my finger is on no button, or the unlock button.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: Car is in neutral.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: And is a manusl
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Subaru Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: Manual
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In allot of cases with the issues here this can be due to an internal electrical fault with the key itself/key fob needing replaced.I have had to replace this before in the past for this issue here.This will have to be checked/tested further to be sure the key is the cause here needing replaced for this issue.This is usually best done by a dealer or repair center with experience in this model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete