Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My 2008 outlander is losing power, when driving suddenly the

Customer Question

My 2008 outlander is losing power, when driving suddenly the power drops off and if you keep your foot on the accelerator the engine dies down completely and when foot is taken off and reapplied it drives fine for a while then it starts doing it again. Also when driving it can also
start
JA: Have you checked the spark plugs? When was your air filter last changed?
Customer: Its diesel
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been to 3 different mechanics without any success. All fuel filters have been changed sensors have been been changed in turbo.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: one mechanic said there was oil in the cpu unit but did not know why it was there
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If there is oil in the cpu this is due to a leaking sensor on the engine with the oil making its way up the harness to the cpu.The sensors need checked at their electrical plug ins to locate the leaking sensor and that sensor replaced.The wiring harness will need cleaned out and the CPU replaced as the oil damages the cpu internally.

I have also seen issues with weak injector pump.If this was not tested when the vehicle was acting up this needs done to see if an injection pump needs replaced to correct this here as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete