sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My engine has cut out and my car won't start not even turn

Customer Question

Hi, my engine has cut out and my car won't start not even turn over there is a capital letter A one the LCD screen it's Nissan micro 1.4 spirits 2007 model
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No won't even bump start or jump start, battery is good
JA: What is the model of your '07 Nissan?
Customer: Micro spirits 1.4
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to if I could car broke down away from home and haven't been able to get a mobile mechanic as its the weekend
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No mechanic all attempts to get 1 has failed
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that could cause a no crank condition. If the engine died while driving and now will not crank then I would first suspect that the engine controller is not awake, either due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground to it.

The engine did die while driving and now there is no sound when attempting to start it?