Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

My 2005 ep3 alarm keeps going off and the key fobs won't

Customer Question

Hi my 2005 ep3 alarm keeps going off and the key fobs won't work to disable
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: Both remote fobs won't work
JA: What is the model of your '05 Honda?
Customer: Both batteries replaced
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2005 civic type r
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your model to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.

I have seen issues with the control unit/ecu that controls the key fob operation and alarm system at fault needing replaced in some cases.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete