Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years

I have a 2007 Mondeo Estate Ghia X, every summer the

Customer Question

Hello, I have a 2007 Mondeo Estate Ghia X, every summer the passenger carpet gets very wet, It has been into my local garage many times to no avail. I think it is the air con drain pipe but I cannot find it. What do you think>
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 3 maybe 4 years and 70,000 miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: All the usual rain water issues like pollen filter housing, windscreen, drain outlets for rainwater.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only seems to happen in summer which lends itself to an air con problem
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

thanks for the detailed information

if you're confident that the pollen filter box drain is not clogged then I'd say its the condense drain for the AC thats either clogged up or has come adrift inside the car

the drain pipe exits under the car just behind the transmission so its worth poking a stiff wire rod up the pipe to check its not clogged

its item 7 in this diagram