Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

We have a 2004 UK spec L200 that is showing symptoms of

Customer Question

We have a 2004 UK spec L200 that is showing symptoms of deisel knock, after changing the injectors we still have the same issue, it sound like the engineis going to self distruct.
JA: What size is your engine?
Customer: 2.5TD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have tried new injectors, this worked when cold but the noise came back when warm. looked at the roker arms and rockers to see if any had brocke all ok, the engine seems to be missing and then vibrates a lot
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: we droped the oil for signs of internal damage, a very small amount of tiny bit of ally cam out, I say 6 specks. we recently had a new head put on along with all the belts, have had a look and the belts are the correct tension and the timing is sopt on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mitsubishi Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to a fault with broken piston or damaged piston or cylinder wall issues here.I have seen this occur before in some cases and had to rebuild the engine or replace it.I would have this checked into further to see if one of these is the cause here needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete